• Annadele’s Plantation 71518 Chestnut St., 829-7669 (www.annadeles.com)
• Dakota U.S. Highway 190, 892-3712 (www.thedakotarestaurant.com)
• Del Porto Ristorante 501 E. Boston St., 875-1006 (www.delportoristorante.com)
• Gallagher’s Grill 509 S. Tyler St., 892-9992 (www.gallaghersgrill.com)
• Lola Restaurant 517 N. New Hampshire St., 892-4992 (lolacovington.com)
• Mac’s on Boston 324 E. Boston St., 892-6550
• Seiler Bar 434 N. Columbia St., 898-0353 (www.seilerbar.com)
• Toad Hollow 207 N. New Hampshire, 893-8711 (www.toadhollowcafe.com)
Each restaurant will provide a different four-course gourmet meal with wine pairings by Glazer’s
Domaines and Estates and Acquistapace’s Covington Supermarket. The price will be $75, all-inclusive. Seating is limited so make reservations early. Menus and prices are posted at www.atasteofcovington.com.
The event will continue with “A Grand Tasting” April 5 from 7-10 p.m. sponsored by Gulf Coast Bank and Trust under the tent and in the wine warehouse at Acquistapace’s Covington Supermarket. The cost of $30 per person includes a logo wine glass and matching tasting plate. Limited number
of tickets for this event available online or at at Acquistapace’s office inside the store.
From 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. April 6, the St. Tammany Art Association will host a Covington Trailhead Artists’ Market.
From 5-6:30 p.m. there will be chefs’ cooking demostrations and wine tastings at the Covington Trailhead.
Limited number of tickets available on line or at The Trailhead office.
A CBA merchant stroll and wine tastings will wrap up the day’s events from 7-10 p.m. April 6.
Twenty businesses in downtown Covington will be featured in the stroll. Each merchant will feature a different wine selection hosted by Glazer’s Domaines and Estates. Live music will be featured throughout downtown.
Participating merchants are:
• On Columbia Street: Motif, Shoefflé, deCoeur, Savoye Originals Gallery, History Antiques & Interiors, St. Tammany Art Association, Downtown Chic Salon, Columbia Street Rock N Blues Café and Covington Massage & Wellness Centre.
• On Gibson Street: Rosemary's Closet/Brooks' Bike Shop and Lion’s Den Salon for Men.
• On New Hampshire Street: The St. Tammany Farmer.
• On Rutland Street: The English Tea Room.
• On Lee Lane: Turkoyz, The French Mix, Laurier, Walker House Collectibles, Studio MV, Welcome Home and Garden, California Drawstrings Northshore.
The event weekend will wrap up from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. April 7 with a Champagne Jazz Brunch presented by the Seiler Bar, 434 N. Columbia St., 898-0353 (www.seilerbar.com).
Reservations can be made directly with the restaurant.
All the wines served throughout the event will be available for purchase from Acquistapace’s Covington Supermarket.
Covington Business Association announces 2013 “A Taste of Covington” Food and Wine Experience
Covington Business Association’s second annual “A Taste of Covington” celebration will take place April 4-7. This year’s event will be bigger and better than ever as CBA honors Covington’s Bicentennial.
Events will kickoff Thursday with vintners’ dinners at the following local restaurants: